DAILY – RMeasimaths
MENTAL MATHS – (remember to include 0 in your counting!)
Continue to reinforce skills already learning, i.e. rote counting forwards and backwards; counting forwards and backwards (in ones) from different starting points; adding 1 / adding 0 / adding 2 to numbers within 5, 10 / beyond. Remember to focus on the language ‘and’; ‘altogether makes’; ‘plus’; ‘1 more’; ‘equals’.
Answer these questions on adding 0, 1 and 2:
NEW FOCUS: SUBTRACTION - W.A.L.T. Take away 1
PRACTICAL – digit cards
• Continue to reinforce the following practical activities: ordering all of your numbers forwards / backwards and ordering random numbers from smallest to biggest / biggest to smallest.
We are going to continue to develop our estimation skills.
Estimate means to have a guess. Remember to use the word ‘estimate’ when trying out the following activities.
1. Estimate how many times you can write the word duck in 30 seconds. Have a sensible guess and write it down. Then an adult can time you writing the word for 30 seconds. When your time is up, count carefully how many times you have written the word duck and record the actual amount.
2. Estimate how what number you can count up to in 30 seconds. Remember to record your estimate and then write your actual total.
3. Estimate how many apples and then count them to get the actual total. Repeat for the dots.
• Continue to use your Pupil Support Book to revise the names of 2D and 3D shapes / continue to look for them
in your home.