DAILY – RMeasimaths
On Friday 1st May go to www.starfall.com and click on the calendar to make your own calendar for May.
NEW COLOUR – pink
I’m very impressed with the way you were connecting your learning P1. Pink clothes, bikes, pages, pigs, number 10’s. Well done! Looking forward to seeing more pink!
MENTAL MATHS – (remember to include 0 in your counting!)
Continue to reinforce skills already learning, i.e. rote counting forwards and backwards; counting forwards and backwards (in ones) from different starting points; adding 1 / adding 0 to numbers within 5, 10 / beyond. Remember to focus on the language ‘and’; ‘altogether makes’; ‘plus’; ‘1 more’; ‘equals’.
NEW FOCUS: W.A.L.T. Add 2 to different numbers within 5, 10 and beyond.
Answer these questions:
PRACTICAL – digit cards
• Continue to reinforce the following practical activities: ordering all of your numbers forwards / backwards
and ordering random numbers from smallest to biggest / biggest to smallest.
NUMBER FOCUS -W.A.L.T. Read and write numbers from 11-15.
CHOOSE A DIFFERENT DAY TO FOCUS ON EACH NUMBER.
• Use your finger to write the numbers 11-15 in the air.
• Use your finger to write the numbers 11-15 on someones back.
• Paint the numbers in order from 11-15
• If you have playdough make the numbers 11-15.
• Practise writing the numbers 11-15 on your whiteboard.
• Draw 11,12, 13, 14 / 15 items of your choice on your whiteboard.
• When you go outside to play try to gather some small twigs, sticks, leaves or stones to make the numbers
• Continue to use your Pupil Support Book to revise the names of 2D and 3D shapes / continue to look for
them in your home.
• How’s your homemade dinosaur coming on? How many 2D and 3D shapes have you used? Thanks to all those
who've sent in their dinosaur photos. I'm very impressed!
• Continue to use 1p / £1. coins in pretend shopping activities. Buy one item at a time, no change.
• Continue to use your clock to reinforce o’clock and half past times.
• Revise weighing items using your hands and scales.
NEW FOCUS: Length
W.A.L.T. Use and understand the language of length.
LANGUAGE - ‘long’ ‘short’ ‘longer’ ‘shorter’ ‘longest’ ‘shortest’ ‘longer than’ ‘shorter than’ ‘tall’ ‘taller than’ ‘tallest’ ‘measure’ ‘length’ ‘same length’ ‘height’ ‘same height’.
Try the following: