Please remember, you do not need to print everything. The links are ideas. Lots of discussion is so important. Thanks.
- Continue to read your word books. If you know them, please refer to your High Frequency words in your Pupil Support Booklet. Plus, check High Frequency word lists from week 6.
- Read and write the following high frequency words on your writing board or in your Literacy book: - went, when, with, some / little
- Continue to read Oxford Owl Reading Books or Big Cat reading books. On P1 homepage click on link to Collins Big Cat.
- Remember to use ‘Inference’ when discussing books with an adult. Plus, the adult helping you with your reading can use ‘Guided Reading Questions: Level 1’ / ‘Reading Strategies’ in your Pupil Support Book.
- Revise the following: author, illustrator, front of the book, back of the book, title, blurb, spine. Continue to focus on recognising the difference between a letter, a word and a sentence plus recognising the difference between a line of writing and a sentence. How many capital letters can you find? Can you retell your stories from start to finish in your own words? Continue to read with expression.
- Ask an adult to read 'Grandad’s Farm' story. (See link below). This links to our new WAU topic on ‘The Farm’. Try to retell the story in your own words. Talk about the jobs that Jaz had to do. What jobs do you do around the house? What products did Grandad sell in his farm shop? Talk to an adult about the meaning of these words: ‘coop’, ‘calmly’, ‘free-range’, ‘fertilser’, ‘crops’, ‘Friesan cows’, ‘cultivator’, ‘laden’ / ‘toiletries’. What did Jaz like best of all about her trip to the farm?
- Try to think up your own sentences about the story using the word mat below. How many sentences can you write?
- Remember to start each sentence with a capital letter, use finger spaces between each word and finish with a full stop. Read your sentences to an adult. Give yourself a star and put your thumbs up! I love reading your sentences and seeing your drawings. I am so proud of you! Please continue to send in more.
LETTERS, SOUNDS, WORDS AND PICTURES
- Sing your alphabet.
- On P1 homepage click on Useful Links to access ‘Starfall’ ‘Letter Formation’ / ‘Jolly Phonics’ websites to reinforce ALL letter formation, letter sounds and words from a-z. If you have the ‘Hairy Letters’ app remember to use it too.
- Write the sound you hear?
- Adult to call out the following sounds and you write them on your whiteboard or in your Literacy book: ch, sh, th / wh.
- Write the word you hear?
- Adult to call out the following words and you write them on your whiteboard or in your Literacy book: on, me, this, can, see / mum.
- Write the sentence you hear?
- Adult to call out the following sentence and you write it on your whiteboard or in your Literacy book: This is my hen and my pig.
EXPLANATIONS / INSTRUCTIONS
This week ask an adult to help you to read the instructions to make a cucumber sandwich. Maybe you could make your own cucumber sandwich. If not, don't worry, what I'm looking for, is for you to explain to your family how to make one. Enjoy!
Look at the picture below and answer the questions.