LETTERS / SOUNDS
NEW SOUND: ch
Explain to your child that even though there are two letters, there is only one sound. When two letters make one sound, it is called a ‘digraph’
Check out the following link:
SOUNDS, WORDS AND PICTURES
• Check your homework pack for the sheet containing the letter sounds 'c e h r m d'.
• If possible stick the sounds, words and pictures onto card but don't worry if you can't.
• Play the following games: (on different days of the week)
• Set out the 6 letter sounds and 6 picture cards. Adult to say the sound. Child to find the sound and match to
• Set out the 6 letter sounds and 6 words. Adult to read the word. Child to find the initial sound and match to
• Set out all the letter sounds, words and pictures. Child to attempt to read words and match to pictures and
• Pairs Game 1 - Set the 6 letter sounds and 6 picture cards upside down on the table in two different piles.
Choose a sound card and a picture card to see if they match. Continue until all cards used.
• Pairs Game 2 - Set the 6 letter sounds and 6 word cards upside down on the table in two different piles.
Choose a sound card and a word card to see if they match. Continue until all cards used.
• Pairs Game 3 - Set the 6 letter sounds, 6 picture cards and the 6 word cards upside down on the table in
three different piles. Choose a sound card, a picture card and a word card to see if they match. Continue
until all cards used.
Give yourself another star!
PLEASE KEEP YOUR CARDS SAFE. YOU WILL NEED THEM FOR FUTURE TASKS. THANK YOU.
Click on ‘Iggy Thinks’ links below.
LINKS TO WAU
Learn the poem ‘Dinosaur Egg’ until you know it ‘off by heart’. Talk about the rhyming words.
Inside her egg shell,
white and round,
Baby dino is safe and sound.
But she wants to come out
into the light,
So she pushes and shoves
with all her might.
Her shell soon cracks and
creaks and pops,
One big jump
and out she hops!
Please see below for a selection of activities. No need to print the worksheets. Thank you.