DAILY – RMeasimaths
Did you make your May calendar on Friday? If not go to www.starfall.com and click on the calendar to make it.
NEW COLOUR – pink
Lots of pink last week again - thank you!
MENTAL MATHS – (remember to include 0 in your counting!)
Continue to reinforce skills already learning, i.e. rote counting forwards and backwards; counting forwards and backwards (in ones) from different starting points; adding 1 / adding 0 / adding 2 to numbers within 5, 10 / beyond. Remember to focus on the language ‘and’; ‘altogether makes’; ‘plus’; ‘1 more’; ‘equals’.
Answer these questions on adding 2:
PRACTICAL – digit cards
• Continue to reinforce the following practical activities: ordering all of your numbers forwards / backwards and
ordering random numbers from smallest to biggest / biggest to smallest.
NUMBER FOCUS -W.A.L.T. Make sets from 11-15.
Make sets from 11-15 using cubes, pencils, crayons, clothes pegs etc.
Remember to do the following:
1. Touch count each item as you set it out.
2. To check that your total is correct, count each item again by moving it.
3. Subitise - say how many are in a set, without counting - do this with sets up to 6. Focus on dice patterns. Progress to 10 and then 15.
Remember that the size of the set is given by the last number in the count.
• Continue to use your Pupil Support Book to revise the names of 2D and 3D shapes.
Thanks to all those who've sent in their dinosaur photos. I can guess which shapes you used to make them. They are fantastic! Looking forward to seeing more dinosaurs this week.
NEW FOCUS: W.A.L.T. Use and understand the language of capacity.
LANGUAGE - ‘pour’ ‘fill’ ‘more’ ‘less’ ‘full’ ‘empty’ ‘half full’ ‘half empty’ ‘nearly full’ ‘nearly empty’ ‘holds more’ ‘holds less’ ‘holds the same as’ ‘volume’ ‘measure’.