DAILY – RMeasimaths. Click on link on P1 home page.
MENTAL MATHS (remember to include 0 in your counting!)
- Continue to rote counting forwards from 0-5 and 0-10, 0-20 / 0-30 and beyond.
- Continue to rote count backwards from 30-0, 20-0,10-0.
- Continue to add 1 to numbers within 5, 10, 15, 20 / beyond.
- Count forwards (in ones) from different starting points within 10 / 20. E.g. start at 3 and count forwards to 9. Start at 12 and count backwards to 5.
- Continue to order random numbers from smallest to biggest / biggest to smallest.
NUMBER FOCUS: W.A.L.T. Recognise and write the number 9.
- Go to Useful Links and click on ‘Topmarks’ ‘Search for ‘The Story of 9’ and carry out the following tasks:
- Starter activity
- Main session – part 1
- Main session – part 2
- Main session – part 3
There is a lesson pack that can be downloaded too. No need to print it.
- Use your finger to write the number 9 in the air.
- Use your finger to write the number 9 on someones back.
- If you have shaving foam at home, ask an adult to put it on the table and write the number 9 in it plus draw 9 items – your choice!
- When you go outside to play try to gather some small twigs and sticks to make the number 9.
- Practise writing number 9’s on your whiteboard.
- Use the other side of your whiteboard to draw 9 things e.g. dinosaurs, dinosaur eggs, volcanoes, queens. Colour 5 in and leave 4. Write the sum.
- Make number 9’s with playdough.
- Use the cubes from your homework pack to make a tower of 9.
- Use your red/yellow counters / ten grid from your homework pack to make sets of 9 in different ways, e.g. 9 red / 0 yellow; 8 red and 1 yellow; 7 red and 2 yellow, etc.
- Write the sums that make up the story of 9. 9+0=9, 8+1=9, 7+2=9, etc.
PROBLEM SOLVING STRATEGY - W.A.L.T. Solve problems by making a list or table.
Try the following:
- Make a list of dinosaurs with two legs.
- Make a list of dinosaurs with four legs.
Below are some links related to the number 9. No need to print the worksheets. Thank you.