- Read and write the following high frequency words on the word grid you got in your Homework pack: - I, it, is, in, if.
- On P1 homepage click on link to Collins Big Cat to access the reading books we use in school, free of charge. There are also lots of worksheets to use too.
- Remember to use 'Inference' when discussing books with an adult. Plus the adult helping you with your reading can use 'Guided Reading Questions: Level 1' / 'Reading Strategies' in your Pupil Support Book.
Other activities to carry out this week.
NEW LETTERS / SOUNDS: v, y / x
On P1 homepage click on Useful Links to access 'Starfall' 'Letter Formation' / 'Jolly Phonics' websites to reinforce letter formation, letter sounds and words.
- Use your finger to write these letters in the air.
- Use your finger to write these letters on someones back.
- If you have shaving foam at home, ask an adult to put it on the table and write your letters in it - great fun!
- When you go outside to play try to gather some small twigs and sticks / then make the letters. Take some photos!
- Use your plain whiteboard/grid to practise writing the letters v, y / x. Take a different day to write each one. Monday 'v', Tuesday, 'y', Wednesday 'x'. Say the letter name and the sound as you write, e.g. v says vuh.
- If you have chalk, go outside and write the letters.
- Find the letters in books, in your picture dictionary etc.
- Complete the sheets you got in your homework pack.
- Use your picture dictionary to find pictures beginning with 'v', 'y' / containing 'x'. Again, on different days. In your Literacy book draw and label three pictures for example 'van' 'vest' 'volcano'. Write simple sentences to go with your pictures. Use the key words 'Here is a....'. Examples - Here is a van. Here is a vest. Here is a volcano. Remember to start each sentence with a capital letter, use finger spaces between each word and finish with a full stop. Read your sentences to an adult. Give yourself a star! Repeat for 'y' and 'x' on different days.