- Continue to read your word books. If you know them, please refer to your High Frequency words in your Pupil Support Booklet. Plus, check High Frequency word lists from week 6.
- Read and write the following high frequency words on your writing board or in your Literacy book: - do, not, from, get, up / down
- Continue to read Oxford Owl Reading Books or Big Cat reading books. On P1 homepage click on link to Collins Big Cat.
- Remember to use ‘Inference’ when discussing books with an adult. Plus, the adult helping you with your reading can use ‘Guided Reading Questions: Level 1’ / ‘Reading Strategies’ in your Pupil Support Book.
- Revise the following: author, illustrator, front of the book, back of the book, title, blurb, spine. Continue to focus on recognising the difference between a letter, a word and a sentence plus recognising the difference between a line of writing and a sentence. How many capital letters can you find? Can you retell your stories from start to finish in your own words? Continue to read with expression.
- Ask an adult to read ‘The Cautious Caterpillar' story. (See link below). Try to retell the story in your own words.
- In class we asked lots of questions. Try to think of some questions starting with these words: Where, When, What, Who and Why. Here are some examples – Why was Cody cautious? Who did Cody meet first? Where did bee go? Plus check out the differentiated talk cards below.
- Have a look at the speech and thought bubble sheets below. Choose one sheet to complete.
- Try to think up your own sentences about The Cautious Caterpillar using the word mat below. How many sentences can you write?
Remember to start each sentence with a capital letter, use finger spaces between each word and finish with a
full stop. Read your sentences to an adult. Give yourself a star and put your thumbs up! I am so proud of
you! Please continue to send in photos of your writing and drawings, they are amazing!
LETTERS, SOUNDS, WORDS AND PICTURES
- Sing your alphabet.
- On P1 homepage click on Useful Links to access ‘Starfall’ ‘Letter Formation’ / ‘Jolly Phonics’ websites to reinforce ALL letter formation, letter sounds and words from a-z. If you have the ‘Hairy Letters’ app remember to use it too.
- Take out the sounds, words and pictures that you got in your homework pack. Revise them. Over the week see how many you can match independently.
This week I’d like you to look at the vowels, a, e, i, o, u. They can be written other ways but we are just focussing on a, e, i, o, u. If you choose to complete the 'Add the vowel sound' activity sheets, the person helping you, can read the sentences first. Remember you do not need to print them, discussion is best.
- Write the LETTER you hear?
- Adult to call out the following letters and you write them on your whiteboard or in your Literacy book: n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y / z.
- Write the word you hear?
- Adult to call out the following words and you write them on your whiteboard or in your Literacy book: he, she, my, have, we, her / his.
- Write the sentence you hear?
- Adult to call out the following sentence and you write it on your whiteboard or in your Literacy book: My little dog likes to play. Try to draw the picture to match this sentence.
TRICKY WORDS - See link below.
EXPLANATIONS / INSTRUCTIONS
This week ask an adult to help you to read the instructions to make a ham sandwich. Cut out the instructions and put them in order to explain the process. Maybe you could make your own ham sandwiches. If you are not able to print or make them, remember, what I’m looking for, is for you to explain the process to your family. Enjoy!
Look at the picture below and answer the questions.