Welcome to our P1 Page.
Below you can see an overview of what we will be learning. This will be updated on a monthly basis. You can also view photos and videos of our learning and fun times together by clicking on the icons below. We hope you love looking at our photos and video clips as much as we do. ENJOY!
Please remember to bring in a painting apron, a raincoat and wellington boots that you can keep in school. We will be using these during our indoor and outdoor Activity-based learning. Thank you.
In May we are learning to:
- Use instructions and explanations orally and during shared writing experiences
- shared recount our own experiences, rhymes and stories
- share imaginative stories and plays for entertainment
- observe the teacher modelling narrative writing strategies
- participate in modelled, shared and guided writing narrative
- recite rhymes and poems
- listen to and follow instructions
- take turns in conversations and discussions
- recognise the difference between print and pictures
- use pictures to tell a story
- demonstrate reading behaviour when handling books
- understand and use correctly terms about books
- distinguish between writing and drawing in books and in our own work
- use a comfortable and efficient pencil grip
- demonstrate fine motor skills, hand-eye co-ordination and spatial awareness
- recognise the difference between a letter, a sound, a word, a sentence and a line of writing
- recognise and write all sounds from a-z
- use these sounds to make words, e.g. ant, bed, cup, dog, etc
- write simple sentences
- read simple high frequency words.
In May we are learning to:
- Count orally during number rhymes, jingles and stories
- Recite the days of the week
- Count forwards from 1, within 5 / 10
- Count forwards from different starting points, within 5 / 10
- recognise, read and write numbers within 10
- touch count sets of objects within 10
- match sets to numerals
- make sets within 10
- order sets of up to 10 objects
- understand one to one correspondence by matching
- know numbers before, after and in between numbers within 10
- combine sets to find a total, within 10
- find missing numbers in a sequence of ascending and descending numbers
- recognise and name a circle, a triangle, a cylinder, a square, a rectangle, a pentagon, a hexagon, an octagon, a sphere, a cylinder, a cube and a cuboid
- use money in the context of play
- sort coins in a variety of ways
- count and add 1p coins up to a total of 10p
- count and add £1. coins in the context of play
- understand and use the language associated with length, weight and capacity
- sort, without direction, random collections of materials in a range of ways, talk about the sorting.
- help to create / complete a graph
- read information from a graph.
Our focus is: ‘Financial Capabilities'.
Our topic for May / June is: ‘Dinosaurs’.
Our focus in May is ‘Courage’.
THINKING SKILLS AND PERSONAL CAPABILITIES
Our focus is ‘Working with others’.