DAILY – Rmeasimaths – approximately 10 minutes.
Click on the link below to complete the January calendar.
NEW COLOUR – blue
- Look for blue things in your home or your environment.
MENTAL MATHS – daily
- Rote counting forwards from 0-5 and 0-10 and beyond.
- Rote count backwards from 5-0 / 10-0. Try 11-0 etc.
Throughout the week try the following:
PRACTICAL - Use your digit cards that you printed from our Homework Section or make a set of your own to:
- Sequence all of your digit cards forwards.
- Sequence all of your digit cards backwards.
NUMBER FOCUS: W.A.L.T. Recognise and write the number 6.
Click on the following link to carry out tasks about the Story of 6.
There is a lesson pack that can be downloaded too. No need to print it.
- Use your finger to write the number 6 in the air.
- Use your finger to write the number 6 on someones back.
- If you have shaving foam at home, ask an adult to put it on the table and write the number 6 in it!
- When you go outside to play try to gather some small twigs and sticks to make the number 6.
- Practise writing number 6’s on a page.
- Draw 6 raindrops. Colour them in blue.
- Make number 6’s with playdough.
- Try to make sets of 6 in different ways, e.g. 5 socks / 1 shoe; 4 pencils and 2 pens; 3 apples and 3 bananas, etc.
SHAPE FOCUS: W.A.L.T. Recognise a rectangle
- Use your Pupil Support Book to revise the names of 2D and 3D shapes.
- Our new shape is the rectangle. Look for rectangles in your home and in your environment. Discuss: number of corners, number of sides, how many long sides? How many short sides?
PROBLEM SOLVING STRATEGY: W.A.L.T. Solve problems by making a list or table.
Try the following:
- Make lists of numbers ‘before’ / ‘after’ 5. (numbers within 10).
- EXTENSION: Make lists of numbers ‘before’ / ‘after’ 10. (numbers within 20).