W.A.L.T. Make words. Use your laminated grid to complete these word tasks:
- Parents and helpers, ask your child to do the following:
- The word ‘sat’ has three sounds. What sound do you hear at the start/first? What sound do you hear in the middle / second and what sound do you hear at the end/last? Write it on your grid.
- If your child needs help, point to the correct space on the grid when you ask What sound do you hear first? Write it here; etc. If your child doesn’t know the sound, tell them what sound it is and get them to repeat the sound back to you and then allow him/her to write it in the right place.
- If your child has difficulty with forming letters you can write them on individual pieces of paper or card and set them onto the grid.
- Repeat for the words: ‘sit’, ‘set’ ‘pit’, ‘pat’ / ‘pet’.
- Reading Books: Log in to Collins Big Cat using the details above. Read the following books ‘The Picnic’ / ‘Minibeasts’ and complete the activities in your workbook. I’ve also added some ‘Ideas for guided reading’ which has been taken from the original books in school.
Click on the Teacher portal and enter: